We Work For You 225-698-6789
18350 Hwy. 42 • Port Vincent, LA 70726

Insurance Claims

Having insurance is often hassle-free, until you have to use it. Darryl Murphy Insurance understands the stress and frustration that comes with the need to file a claim. While we can’t prevent what happened, we can make the claim filing process as easy and stress-free as possible. While claims are handled by the individual insurance companies, we can provide you the toll free number to the claims department and make sure you have your correct policy number.

In general, filing a claim can make your monthly premiums go up. This determination is often made based on whether the incident was “your fault” or not, a term defined by the insurance company. Regardless of the circumstances, our agents work with the insurance company to prevent rising premium costs whenever possible.

Automotive Claims

girl with keys

If you have been in an accident, your car has been stolen, or you’ve experienced a break-in, you should file a claim right away. For theft, you must file a police report before filing an insurance claim. Even if you are not at fault, you should report the accident so your company can investigate. If you are not at fault, the other driver's insurance company should take care of your claim. However, if you have rental, your company will provide a rental. A claims adjuster will inspect your vehicle to determine if it is a total loss or estimate the repair costs. Your insurance company will then issue a check for the current market value of the vehicle or pay the auto repairs shop for the cost of the repairs, minus the deductible. Call us to begin the automotive claim filing process.

Flood Claims

flooded office

After a flood occurs in your home or business, you should contact your insurance company right away if there is significant damage. An adjuster will come out to assess the damage within a few days. You should document the damage, and separate all damaged property from undamaged property. The adjuster needs to see evidence of the damage so they can prepare an accurate repair estimate. What happens next depends on the severity of the damage and the type or repairs needed. Your insurance company will pay you according to the FEMA ( Federal Emergency Management Agency) rules and guidelines less your deductible, then hire a contractor or make repairs yourself. Darryl Murphy Insurance will be your resource to assist you with your claim, get you the money and services you need, and answer your questions.

Mobile Home

flooded office

Filing a claim for your mobile home is similar to filing a home owner’s insurance claim, just with different coverage options and potentially other people involved, such as the owner of rented land in a mobile home park. If your home has been affected by a fire, storm damage, theft, or a major structural repair, contact us right away to begin the claims process. We will send an adjuster to your home within a few days and they will work with you to get a repairs estimate to restore your home as quickly as possible.

Home Owner’s

flooded office

Darryl Murphy Insurance also works with home owner’s insurance claims, which are filed after major fire damage, storm damage, theft, or severe structural damage occurs. We will also send out an adjuster for these claims so they can assess the damage and determine the repair costs. Home owner’s insurance also covers garages, storage sheds, gazebos, pools, and personal liability, so if something happens to one of your exterior structures, we can help you make those claims as well. Call us to get started on the claim filing process so you can take back your home.

18350 Hwy. 42 Port Vincent, LA 70726 225-698-6789[email protected]